Description of Works
YPHS had a significant contribution to the design and development of this extra care home in Doncaster.
Having secured the project through competitive tender we developed the clients original design brief. Working with both architects and client we were able to address both the specific needs of the occupants and those of management and support staff.
The Extra Care Unit at Elington comprised of a 67 Bed Extra Care Facility including Communal facilities, Restaurant, Hair Salon.
YPHS were responsible for the full M&E design & build over a period of 12 months to a 3 storey Extra Care Facility.
YPHS were responsible for design, build and installation of the following at Swallowdale:
- LTHW Space Heating
- MCWS, BCWS, DHWS
- Above ground drainage and sanitary ware installation
- System 3 & 4 ventilation systems, comfort cooling and heating installations
- Smoke ventilation and sprinkler systems
- Under floor heating
- Internal and external power
- Emergency lighting, fire alarm, warden call, access control
- CCTV, Data and IRS installations
- Integrated heat and power plant
- Emergency generator
- Foul water pumping installations